I spent this past weekend back on the ranch in Calgary, bringing with me my favourite Vancouverite to spend time with the family. A few of the highlights:
- Walking my dog, who is miraculously still ticking/barking after some 14 years.
- Seeing The Departed, where Matt Damon puts on his best South Boston accent since he appeared as the irate Springsteen fan on SNL.
- Catching up with friends at an Irish pub - make that a disgustingly smoky Irish pub thanks to Alberta's cancer-like resistance to curative health regulations. (The Albertan government being the lowlight of the trip here.)
- Catching Chris Martin's appearance on Extras.
- Buying an Eastern European travel guide, thereby bringing the summer trip one step closer to reality (and lessening the trip budget by 40 dollars.)
- Dominating the Scrabble board. I'm aware this is hardly a point of celebration.