Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Approaching the offramp

How strange: on the very same day I decide to ditch my laptop on Tuesdays and Thursdays of the school week and instead write on a yellow legal pad for the one class I have - I come across this article about the history of the Legal Pad: Old Yeller.

Notable facts:

  • in 1888, legal pads came about using the unwanted scraps from mill floors, thereby eliminating one possible source of where high lawyer bills come from.
  • not being recyclable and therefore distasteful to cost-cutting firms, the yellow colour is being phased out, meaning now you really have to wonder about those high figures.
  • the website this article is from, Legal Affairs, describes itself as a "magazine at the intersection of law and life," placing mine, I wonder, at the turnpike?

No comments: