Friday, May 05, 2006

Arrrr! v. Jones

We've been given the slate of class times for next year, which means I can start deciding which areas of law I'd like to learn so long as they don't start before 9 am (so long Civil Procedure!).

There are two schools of thought when it comes to choosing courses: one, you take the courses that are likely to be covered when you take PLTC (which stands for Law School Doesn't End at Third Year) so that way you aren't surprised for the bar exam. The second way asks, why learn something twice? Take what you want now, as Piratical Law of the Seven Seas is not favoured by PLTC curriculum makers. (Oh how I wish that was offered - sure, International Law touches on it to some degree, but I fail to find plank-walking anywhere in the UN Charter.)

In my case, I've got another decision to make. Having maxed out on courses during my first two years, I've got the opportunity to ease up on a third year schedule. Any suggestions as to best use the free time?

No comments: