Friday, September 30, 2005

Like Oliver! But with more blood

Love these four day law school weeks. I suppose it's early comfort for when we leave law school and work eight day weeks.

Tonight I'm off to see Polanski's Oliver Twist. I'm a bit confused at the critical reaction for the film. There's a substantial amount of critics that don't "want some more," as it were, but their common reason doesn't make sense: they all complain about it being a faithful adaptation. Some even resort to punnery and lament that there is no "twist." What, should Oliver be played by Samuel L. Jackson perhaps? Should we replace workhouse-era London with Vietnam? There are some things you just don't fiddle with, and Polanski definitely recogni- nevermind.

Speaking of a faithful adaptation, I'm willing to bet that Elton's John's musical version of Lestat! isn't. Interview with the Vampire is one of my favorite films, and this can only be good news for my plans to one day create a musical version of Die Hard. (By the way, I'm not sure if the title does actually have an exclamation mark, but isn't it better that way?)

The rest of my weekend will likely be spent looking into these Tax and International papers. I'm trying to maximize my Christmas holidays this year to an all-time high of 29 days. I'm a bit hazy on the math, but I think second year law school involves about 20 days of school. Give or take.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You're a naughty one,
Saucy Jack!"

Wade

Lawyerlike said...

Well naturally, I would commission the London Philarmonic Orchestra for my play.