Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Fraidy Cat

What's this? Admin ends early? Normally this class rushes headlong to 9pm like some Law & Order episode bound for continuation, but somehow tonight I find with more time to prepare for Lost at 10.

Today's class was all about one case, Pushpanathan v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration). Because the case is the Rosetta Stone of judicial review in administrative law, the word Pushpanathan was mentioned a lot. Of course, every time I heard it, it just sounded like two words pushed together, Panther Anathema.

I mention this because I keep a mental list of cool band names I'd use were I ever in one. Therefore, I'll be adding Panther Anathema to: Conquistador, The Murders in the Rue Morgue (or simply "The Murders" to die-hard fans), and Jean Valjean to name a few. (I'm sure friend and reader W will remind me of more I've mentioned in the past.) And hey, let's add Rosetta Stone to the list too.

No comments: