Friday, March 23, 2007

Conceptual Laws

I read an article about how the new Modest Mouse album (which I really like) began as a concept album about sailors dying in every song. I know the new Joel Plaskett Emergency album, Ashtray Rock, is also a concept album about the tribulations of two teenagers in Halifax, but more importantly, Joel previously made a great concept album about doctors on In Need of Medical Attention.

It made me wonder if anyone's attempted "the great lawyer concept album." I assume that San Fran band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, attempted an expansive Property Law concept album with the song "Lien on Your Dreams" from Baby 81 - but gave up shortly thereafter.

Awesome song aside, I suppose you can only make so many tortured songs about mortgages. (And so many rhymes).

No comments: