Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Published!

My first article publishes today for The Tyee, an independent B.C. paper home to many great writers whom I'm proud to be published alongside.

The article is about Survivor and its connection to Lord of the Flies. It's a show where I've managed to catch every season apart from that one time where I lived overseas. Of course, living in the middle of nowhere in Southern England, with its notoriously inclement weather, is a sort of survival lesson in itself.

So read up folks, I didn't just draw tenuous connections between a literary masterpiece and a reality show for nothing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job ryan. The linked words were hard to read and a bit annoying, but I imagine that's not really up to you.

B


p.s Did you know Jack Bauer has killed 93 people in 4 days? Not bad.

Anonymous said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060203/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_whale_soul

I know you enjoy a good modern day moby reference, so check out this guy trying to sell a whale's soul. Awesome.

B