Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Flank 2 is the new Wink

I've been having fun (well, procrastinating for a Charter essay) imagining new applications for what may likely become a new idiomatic expression. I speak of course about "Flank 2." For anyone who didn't watch Monday night's Bauer bonanza, Flank 2 is apparently the signal that agents-in-the-know use to indicate that they are communicating under duress. For Jack, it meant communicating that terrorists were expecting an attack, so ambush them elsewhere. But its usage needn't be confined to only error-prone anti-terrorism groups.

For instance, consider: "As much as I'd like those hockey tickets, I don't want to pass up these great ballet tickets I currently have. I'm seated in section Flank 2."

Or as one friend suggested to me, "Come on over, we're just about to watch The Notebook on my Flank 2 television."

Got more? Submit 'em below. Man, I really don't want to start this essay.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Signs is such a great movie. I think it's playing at the Flank 2 theatre downtown.

Anonymous said...

I usually outgun and out-flank two soldiers on my own when I play Medal of Honour.

Anonymous said...

I had a great day today. I had a lunch date with an old crush from high school who I was just too shy to do anything about back then. This was a great chance to catch up and for me to see if the flame from 6 years ago was still somewhere inside.

To be honest though, the conversation was somewhat dry, up until she told me about her boyfriend of course!!! After that, the food tasted so much better! The place is called Flank 2 and it's got an absolutely fantastic lunch special. I'll definitely be back....great memories!

Thomas said...

I'm not sure people understand the essence of this remark...

Lawyerlike said...

I get that impression as well. So far 1 of the 3 comments have grasped the meaning behind the phrase.

Let's try again people, shall we?

Anonymous said...

Easy there...at least people are trying.

I must say though, when I wrote my first entry, I was operating in a flank 2 position...just so ya know, Bill.

And, boom goes the dynamite.

Anonymous said...

"I had take out last night, two flank steaks too go and an order of garlic bread. Three bullets through the owner's head, and I was on my way.

B

Havril said...

Your honour, my client is not a member of a criminal organization as that term was defined in case of R. v. Flanktewski.