Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Generations denied Wensleydale

I don't normally post about legal news because there are so many sites that do it better, but a certain item showed up on IMDb News (a regular stop on my daily internet rounds) whilst I was searching for some Guillermo del Toro/Hellboy 2 news - and I actually knew something about it.

The legal item in question was that ads for cheese are the latest to have been banned from kids' programming in the U.K. A good part of my European Union Law essay was written on British television regulators (Ofcom) and their ban of junk food advertisements during children's programming. After reading Ofcom's lengthy report on how Brit kids are among the most rotund in the EU for my research, I can't say this new ban is such a bad idea.

However, I can't help but think that Wallace of the iconic Wallace & Gromit duo - famously "crackers for cheese" - will be crushed.

No comments: