Thursday, December 07, 2006

"You save: $5,3624.34 (40%)"

I think I've been modest with the few Christmas gift wishes I have this year. I've given up any idea of nabbing a Playstation 3 any time soon (my legal career can thank me for this). I do like books, however, because I rarely, if ever, regret amassing them like CD's.

Then I saw a certain holiday offer from Amazon.com in my inbox. (I get email offers like these after the American Amazon store came in handy for me when I needed help tracking down my uber-expensive-in-Canada Criterion Rushmore and The Third Man DVD's.)

For the megalomanical, completist booklover: The Penguin Classics Complete Library Collection. It's hard to believe that anyone would pay $8,000 for over 1,000 books, most of which are probably very dull.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to finish reading for my final year of law school.

No comments: